Sales Engineer (Solutions Architect)
Parsec’s goal is to help businesses embrace flexible work environments and keep their employees productive through ultra low latency, high performance, remote desktop technology. But Parsec isn’t your typical remote desktop tool. It was built for gaming, which makes it great for everything. Parsec for Teams leverages our technology to help some of the biggest names in gaming, entertainment, engineering, architecture, and more transition to a flexible work environment where people can decide when and where they work. Parsec has allowed customers like Electronic Arts, Blizzard, Ubisoft, and Square Enix to stay on schedule as they make some of the world’s favorite content.
Parsec is growing so that we can power flexible work across industries. The average Parsec for Teams user is already saving more than an hour each day using our software. That time gets put back into work, family, health, and more. We think this kind of freedom makes people happier, healthier, and more productive.
As a Solutions Architect at Parsec, you will be an early team member of our venture backed, fast-growing sales/solutions team. You will be a critical piece of the team, demonstrating the product for prospective clients, fielding complex technical integration questions, gathering feedback, and helping craft product features and roadmap. You will have the opportunity to define Parsec’s early success and accelerate your career trajectory while working closely with some of the most prominent players in media and gaming.
What you’ll do
- Support Parsec account teams to help drive adoption of Parsec for Teams and SDK
- Work with existing and potential clients to deeply understand their business and technical needs and engineer solutions to meet those needs
- Demonstrate Parsec’s features and functionality to new and existing clients
- Collaborate closely with leadership, customer success, support, and engineering teams to set priorities and ensure customer satisfaction
- Capture and share best-practices amongst both clients and internal teams
- Become a Parsec technology expert and confidently speak to the unique value and security of the technology ecosystem
- Support the sales cycle from introduction to PoC to procurement and beyond
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within client teams, enabling them to become advocates and champions of Parsec
- Impact a rapidly growing company and directly contribute to the limitless opportunities for capturing a massive market opportunity
- 3+ years of technical sales experience supporting Enterprise solutions
- Thorough understanding of computer networking and cybersecurity best practices
- Examples include NAT, DMZ, UDP & TCP, VPN, SSO/SAML, ports, packets, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience crafting narratives in real-time when responding to stated priorities
- Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to solve challenges and roadblocks, and navigate around objections
- Interest in emerging, disruptive, and revolutionary technologies and how they’re sold
- Insatiable curiosity about the endless possibilities in technology-focused problem solving
- Knowledge of remote desktop technologies, such as RDP, Citrix, TeamViewer, etc.
- Strong initiative and personal drive to independently demonstrate value while working for a rapidly evolving technical organization
- 5+ years of high-level IT systems engineering experience in M&E (or equivalent)
- Experience with Palo Alto, Fortinet, and/or Cisco firewalls
- Familiarity with Active Directory and the Windows Registry
- Familiarity with digital video technologies, including codecs, bitrates, transcoding, resolutions, etc.
- Knowledge of workflows and challenges in the M&E/Gaming industries
- Experience evaluating and deploying remote desktop technologies
- Comfortable in Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience